Monday 11 April 2011

Day Thirteen (13) - Mondays suck, especially when aunt Flo is in town!

So, I thought I would start taking some pictures of my progress. I know that my flexibility is less than ideal and because I plan on improving that, among other things, I decided to use that for my first 'before' picture. I got 'K', my eldest daughter to snap a quick pic before we headed out the door this morning.

I remember 'standing forward bend' to have been especially difficult for me during yogalattes so I took the picture of me in this pose.
Obviously, from what you can see in the first picture, my knees 'should' be locked and I 'should' be able to touch my ankles. Umm, not quite what you see in the picture of me doing the same pose. Ouch, how did I become so out-of-shape?

Hopefully in 6 months I will look back at this extremely un-flexible stage of my life and only be able to remember the pain I endured while forming these poses. Hopefully in 6 months I will be able to post a picture of me looking not quite so cripple, while doing the 'standing forward bend'.

This is what 'standing forward bend' SHOULD look like:


This is what it looks like when I do it: (yes, you may giggle...as long as your quiet)


Thanks to my sweet baby for snapping this pic before the school run this morning :)

Anyhoo, today was an OK day. I don't feel the same satisfaction I felt the other days. I actually feel quite stiff and tired.

First off, MONDAYS SUCK! Blaaaa. I did not want to get up this morning. But I did, obviously. My kids are not going to get themselves to school/daycare. After dropping off my sweet little baby (who behaved wonderfully, may I add) around 920am I shot off to the gym. I stopped off to buy a bottle of water and a banana and shuttled myself into the gym. 

I started off with my normal routine: 30 minutes on the treadmill. However, it seemed like nothing would go my way this morning. I carry a little hand towel with me as I scoot around the gym to wipe the little drips of sweat from my forehead (yummy visual, not!) and it kept sliding off of the screen part of the treadmill to the floor. That happened twice! So I had to stop each time and go and pick it up. Then, I accidentally pressed a button that made the treadmill just STOP. Such little hiccups, but they were irking me today for some reason! Oh, that's why! Aunt Flo had come to town and decided to surprise me at the gym. So, I had to run across the street to buy the necessaries and then run back again and try and get back into the groove of things. Ugh, trust Aunt Flo to ruin your morning!

Anyhow, I think if anything, the small amount of time I have been exercising has made me more aware of my body. Normally, on a day like today I would be annoyed that I was feeling tired and irritable and not really acknowledging WHY I was tired and irritable. Today I acknowledged it and I allowed myself to take it easy. I took care of myself.

F.S.G

DAY 13

FITNESS:
20 mins - Treadmill
1 hour - Pilattes (Which, I did not enjoy - perhaps due to my 'flo' - perhaps not. It felt really advanced and I didn't feel like I was doing the movements properly. It hurt more than anything and not the good kinda hurt. After I was done, I didn't feel like I had worked out my body - I felt pain! Along with a 'mat burn' on my spine from some crazy pilattes move where I was to curl up like a beattle on it's back and rock from seated position all the way down and up to my shoulder-blades. Thanks buddy, for giving me 'mat burn').
3 reps of 10 / Leg extension / 5 lbs
3 reps of 10 / Dual pulley row / 30 lbs
3 reps of 20  / Sit-ups
3 reps of 20 / Pulley / 37.5lbs
3 reps of 20 / Peck deck / 30 lbs
3 reps of 10 / Prone leg curl / 5 lbs
3 reps of 20 / Inner thigh / 50 lbs
3 reps of 20 / Outer thigh / 50 lbs
3 reps of 20 / lat pull down/ 20 lbs (backwards and forewards)
10 mins / Elyptical
5 mins / Cool down and stretch


FOOD:
Breakfast: Banana (yay, not tea!)
Lunch: 2 eggs, scrambled on corn tortilla and salad
Dinner: Pork chops, rice (white...need to switch to brown), corn on the cob and salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment